Re: [O] still seeing semi-regular lockups

From: Nicolas Goaziou
Subject: Re: [O] still seeing semi-regular lockups
Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2014 14:56:15 +0200

Hello,

Matt Lundin <address@hidden> writes:

> With "killall -USR2 emacs", the following backtrace popped up, which
> highlights flyspell as the culrpit. Note: I have flyspell turned on in
> all text buffers, but I have (for several months) only experienced
> lockups when using org-mode. I spend more time in TeX buffers than in
> org-mode, and I have never had a lockup with AUCTeX.
>
> * (setq quit-flag t)
>   (condition-case nil (let ((inhibit-quit nil)) (let ((command
>   this-command) deactivate-mark) (if (flyspell-check-pre-word-p)
>   (save-excursion (quote (flyspell-debug-signal-pre-word-checked))
>   (goto-char flyspell-pre-point) (flyspell-word))) (if

[...]

Thank you for the report.

Unfortunately, this backtrace doesn't help much. Even if it referred
explicitly to a cache-related function, it would likely not explain the
reasons behind the cache corruption. I need an ECM (even if the bug
isn't 100 % reproducible) for that.

In the meantime, if you can, please update Org regularly, as I'm
reviewing the code and will probably make changes along the way.

Regards,

--
Nicolas Goaziou