Re: [O] Tables of contents for individual sections wanted -- will donate

From: Ian Barton
Subject: Re: [O] Tables of contents for individual sections wanted -- will donate
Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2014 21:19:30 +0100

On 2014-06-30 19:55, D. C. Toedt wrote:
Thanks, Ian.  I've done things like that in the past, but it'd entail
maintaining the TOC by hand, which I was hoping to avoid.  True, I'd
be able to create the initial TOC using org-mode, followed by manually
inserting jQuery calls.  But I'd have to manually edit the TOC every
time I added a new chapter or section and every time I edited a
heading title.

You can do it without editing the TOC manually. You use the <div> </div> of each level of the org headline css as a selector in jQuery. You then add a JS function to the DocumentReady function which does the jQuery expanding/collapsing. This can all be done as part of your org-mode document. I can knock up a simple example tomorrow if it's of interest.

Best wishes,

Ian.