Re: [O] Force new page on exporting

From: Thomas S. Dye
Subject: Re: [O] Force new page on exporting
Date: Tue, 01 Jul 2014 06:12:15 -1000

Aloha York,

York Zhao <address@hidden> writes:

>> * Latex New Page :ignoreheading:
>> #+latex: \newpage
>
> This should work, but didn't, I will figure out why when I have some time.
>
>> Also, see the LaTeX commands \pagebreak and \clearpage, which do generally
>> the
>> same thing but in slightly different ways.
>
> I was aware of these, but if \newpage doesn't work I don't think these will
> work. But thank you very much anyway.

This works for me.  I'm using Suvayu Ali's function to ignore the headline:

#+name: ignoreheading-on-export
#+BEGIN_SRC emacs-lisp :results silent
  (defun sa-ignore-headline (contents backend info)
    "Ignore headlines with tag `ignoreheading'."
    (when (and (org-export-derived-backend-p backend 'latex 'html 'ascii)
               (string-match "\\`.*ignoreheading.*\n"
                             (downcase contents)))
      (replace-match "" nil nil contents)))
  (add-to-list 'org-export-filter-headline-functions 'sa-ignore-headline)
#+END_SRC

hth,
Tom
--
T.S. Dye & Colleagues, Archaeologists
735 Bishop St, Suite 315, Honolulu, HI 96813