Re: [O] still seeing semi-regular lockups

From: York Zhao
Subject: Re: [O] still seeing semi-regular lockups
Date: Thu, 3 Jul 2014 11:31:40 -0400

> I'm now using commit "126e2bc", this morning I did experience some funny
> things which I had never experienced before. Unfortunately I let them go. I
> will keep an eye on the new problems.

I'm now using commit "fdc673d". The problem I experienced 2 days ago happened
again. The direct operations I did was that I programmatically deleted a few
table line in one table and inserted them in another table which is in the
subtree immediately following the current table. But I ended up having more
lines in the new table, most of them were duplicated. Here is roughly the
snippet of the command I used:

(defun yhj-drop-something ()
  (interactive)
  (save-excursion
    (let* ((beg (line-beginning-position))
           (end (1+ (line-end-position)))
           (line (buffer-substring beg end)))
      (kill-region beg end)
      (unless (re-search-forward "^\\*+[ \t]+Newtable[ \t]*$"
                                 (save-excursion
                                   (org-end-of-subtree t)) t)
        (error "Incompatible contents format"))
      (forward-line 4)
      (unless (org-at-table-p 'any)
        (error "Incompatible contents format"))
      (beginning-of-line)
      (insert line)
      (org-table-align)
      (org-table-sort-lines nil ?a))))

I can't post everything here because the command operates on my personal
contents. I have been using this snippet for years without problem. I executed
this command several times with point moved to different lines in the first
table. Each time this command is executed it is supposed to "move" one table
line to another table.

Hope this will help a bit and I will pay close attention next time to give more
details.