Re: [O] Problem with org-mode after upgradiing to org 8

From: John Hendy
Subject: Re: [O] Problem with org-mode after upgradiing to org 8
Date: Fri, 4 Jul 2014 09:21:29 -0500

On Fri, Jul 4, 2014 at 5:55 AM, Roland Everaert <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> After further investigation, it is the call to the function
> (org-agenda-to-appt) inside the function bh/org-agenda-to-appt that is
> causing the error.
>
> The body of the function:
>
> ; Erase all reminders and rebuilt reminders for today from the agenda
> (defun bh/org-agenda-to-appt ()
>   (interactive)
>   (setq appt-time-msg-list nil)
>  (org-agenda-to-appt)
> )

I know approximately nothing about elisp... but my intuitive
interpretation is that it's setting the variable appt-time-msg-list to
the value nil. When I do M-x help RET appt-msg-[TAB], I don't get any
completions listed. Does that variable still exist?

When googling that variable, I find evidence of people referring to
it, but I'm not sure it's built into emacs -- are you sure you don't
need to add something else, such as appt.el?
- http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs-en/appt.el

John