Re: [O] emails written in Org Mode

From: Alan Schmitt
Subject: Re: [O] emails written in Org Mode
Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2014 14:57:27 +0200

Hello,

On 2014-07-09 09:49, Thorsten Jolitz <address@hidden> writes:

> Yes, I use Gnus and thus write my mails in message-mode.
>
> My setup is the standard outshine.el + outorg.el setup, since it works
> out-of-the-box with message-mode, given you follow the installation
> description.

I've given this a try, and it's not obvious how to make it work. This is
what I did:

- installed outorg through MELPA
- tried on an email, as no outorg function was loaded, I evaluated
 '(require 'outorg')'
- upon calling the 'outorg-edit-as-org' function I got an error about
  a missing outshine variable (something about comments, IIRC)
- I installed outshine, and restarted emacs to make sure the autoloads
  were loaded
- tried again on some email, and still there was no outorg proposed, so
  I required it and outshine as well
- I then got the following error

Debugger entered--Lisp error: (error "before first heading")
  signal(error ("before first heading"))
  error("before first heading")
  outline-back-to-heading(INVISIBLE-OK)
  outorg-copy-and-convert()
  outorg-edit-as-org(nil)

My questions are:
- Is this a bug?
- does outorg require outshine to work? If so, it may be good to mark
the latter as a dependency of the former.
- there is no installation instructions on the package description on
MELPA. Where can I find the "installation description" referred to
above?

Thanks,

Alan

--