[O] [bug] in org-element cache (?)

From: Nicolas Berthier
Subject: [O] [bug] in org-element cache (?)
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2014 17:01:45 +0200

Hello list,

I just hit a bug in org-element with the current development branch
(commit 9cf3c4e9712aba63be36eac7193e4ac85f491f8b), when exporting
a rather big Org file to LaTeX (HTML export works fine). It happens
during export, in function `org-element--cache-process-request', with
error "(wrong-type-argument number-or-marker-p nil)" (complete backtrace
attached).

I did not manage to obtain an ECM triggering this bug that I could
reasonably give here, so I dug into past commits: it turns out that it
seems to have been introduced by commit
093d455f7ff6ae8e2695f1fc8f149672700e9ac5 ("org-element: Better threshold
computation during synchronization"): reverting it on top of the current
master branch makes the bug disappear (yet this commit may not be the
root cause of the bug, of course).

FYI, on the org side, I did not experience the error as long as
I commented out one particular (among several occurrences of very
similar ones that did not trigger the bug) sequence of lines like the
following:

#+begin_src org
  ,#+name: foo
  ,#+header: :file (by-backend (latex "foo.tikz") (t "foo.png"))
  ,#+begin_src latex :results raw file
    \begin{tikzpicture}
      \node {Bla};
    \end{tikzpicture}
  ,#+end_src
  ,#+caption: Foo
  ,#+attr_latex: :float t :width ""
  ,#+label: fig:foo
  ,#+results: foo

#+end_src

Regards,

Nicolas Berthier                                        FSF Member #7975