Re: [O] [BUG] org-open-at-point does not work anymore in comment blocks

From: Nicolas Goaziou
Subject: Re: [O] [BUG] org-open-at-point does not work anymore in comment blocks
Date: Fri, 18 Jul 2014 12:28:26 +0200

Hello,

Samuel Loury <address@hidden> writes:

> On version baa2c5943a4afce71a6336cbd957139e840bd952.
>
> Links are not followed anymore in comment blocks.
>
> You may test it by launching (org-open-at-point) with the cursor into
> the link in the following example.
> * Test #+BEGIN_COMMENT [[http://orgmode.org/]] #+END_COMMENT
>
> It triggers a user error in lisp/org.el at line 10641 since there is no
> computed context.

This is to be expected. Commenting some part of a buffer tells the
parser to ignore it. The only purpose of comments is to deactivate some
syntax (e.g., a link, a timestamp...) in the buffer, which is exactly
what happens here.

If you want to ignore that part only during export, but still want to
use keep it active in the buffer, I suggest to use a drawer, with an
appropriate `org-export-with-drawers' value, e.g.,

  :IGNORE_ME:
  [[http://orgmode.org]]
  :END:

This was discussed before on this ML. Some users made a point that
`org-open-at-point' should process links in node properties. In the case
of comments, though, I think we should be strict and use drawers
instead.

Regards,

--
Nicolas Goaziou