Re: [O] a quick way to switch orgmode notes between read-only/editing?

From: Xebar Saram
Subject: Re: [O] a quick way to switch orgmode notes between read-only/editing?
Date: Fri, 18 Jul 2014 15:14:53 +0300

Thx Thorsten

i tried that but that dosent seem to work :) any way i can try to debug this (i apologize in advance for my zero lisp knowledge :)

best

On Fri, Jul 18, 2014 at 11:54 AM, Thorsten Jolitz <address@hidden> wrote:
Xebar Saram <address@hidden> writes:

> Thx again all, really cool.
>
> one last question. anyone mind pasting code to revert an open buffer
> to read only when idle for lets say 5 minutes?

you could try this (untested!):

#+begin_src emacs-lisp
(defvar tj/last-buffer-tick nil)
(make-variable-buffer-local 'tj/last-buffer-tick)

(add-hook 'org-mode-hook
          (lambda ()
            (setq tj/last-buffer-tick (buffer-modified-tick))))

(defun tj/new-buffer-ticks-p ()
  (let ((curr-tick (buffer-modified-tick))
        (last-tick tj/last-buffer-tick))
    (setq tj/last-buffer-tick curr-tick)
    (< last-tick curr-tick)))

(defun tj/reset-view-mode ()