Re: [O] export to latex without labels

From: Nick Dokos
Subject: Re: [O] export to latex without labels
Date: Sat, 19 Jul 2014 12:05:59 -0400

Eric Abrahamsen <address@hidden> writes:

> "Salome "Södergran\"" <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> Hello experts,
>>
>> I've been fiddling around for a while now with the following problem:
>>
>> When I export something from org to latex I get plenty of \labels
>> that I never refer to. I'd like to get rid of all those labels.

> Really really lastly, does it really matter if there are unused \labels
> in the output?

What he said: stop worrying and (let org export) label everything :-)

In a similar vein, in N. David Mermin's *wonderful* book "Boojums all
the way through", there is a chapter entitled "What's wrong with these
equations?" (the article is available on line at
http://www.ai.mit.edu/courses/6.899/papers/mermin.pdf - but the whole
book is worth reading) where he mentions Fisher's rule: number *every*
equation in your manuscript.
--
Nick