Re: [O] Bug: org-contacts show "Non-existent agenda file ~/org/* virexit

From: Daimrod
Subject: Re: [O] Bug: org-contacts show "Non-existent agenda file ~/org/* virexit. [R]emove from list or [A]bort?" when trying to find contacts with M-x org-contacts<RET> [8.2.7b (8.2.7b-dist @ c:/Users/Seam/AppData/Roaming/.emacs.d/orgmode/lisp/)]
Date: Sun, 20 Jul 2014 17:52:50 +0900

----------
> org-contacts show "Non-existent agenda file ~/org/* virexit. [R]emove
> from list or [A]bort?" when trying to find contacts with M-x
> org-contacts<RET> [8.2.7b (8.2.7b-dist @
> c:/Users/Seam/AppData/Roaming/.emacs.d/orgmode/lisp/)]
----------

It looks like you had added a file named '* virexit' to the agenda list,
but that file doesn't exist anymore.

`org-contacts' uses the agenda views to display contacts. I don't know
the internals of `org-agenda' very well but I guess that it checks for
agenda files even if the caller doesn't need them, hence the error.

I don't know (yet) if it's possible to disable this behavior, but in the
meantime you can remove the file from the agenda list.

Best,

--
Daimrod/Greg