Re: [O] [bug?, org-element] latex-environment delimiters must be at BOL

From: Nicolas Goaziou
Subject: Re: [O] [bug?, org-element] latex-environment delimiters must be at BOL
Date: Sun, 20 Jul 2014 19:49:28 +0200

Hello,

Rasmus <address@hidden> writes:

> I changed a couple of things,

A couple of things? AFAIU, it only requires to change the regexp in
`org-element-latex-environment-parser', doesn't it?

[...]

>    2. Load my modified org-element.el file and rerun tests.
>       The only new fail is this one, that is to be expected to fail.
>
>           (should-not
>            (eq 'latex-environment
>                (org-test-with-temp-text "\\begin{env}{arg}
> something\nvalue\n\\end{env}"
>                  (org-element-type (org-element-at-point)))))

OK.

> Hence, my question is: Can I now assume that my modification are now
> somewhat safe wrt. the current Org syntax?

You should also add tests specifics to the new behaviour.

> I have a case that I worry a bit about, namely broken LaTeX code with
> mismatching no. of begin/end tags:
>
> Consider:
>
>     #+begin_src org
>       \begin{equation} x^2_3
>       \begin{equation} x^2_3 \end{equation}
>     #+end_src
>
> With my patch, this will produce (*):
>
>     #+begin_src latex
>     \begin{equation} x^2_3
>     \begin{equation} x^2_3 \end{equation}
>     #+end_src latex

This looks "correct".  It is a valid latex-environment element even
though it is not valid LaTeX syntax.

> I will write some tests and review the two documents you mention and
> submit a patch ASAP.

OK. Thank you for that.

Regards,

--