Re: [O] Evaluating inline source blocks on export issue

From: Ista Zahn
Subject: Re: [O] Evaluating inline source blocks on export issue
Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2014 21:53:26 -0400

On Thu, Jul 24, 2014 at 6:14 AM, Andreas Leha
<address@hidden> wrote:
> Nick Dokos <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> Grant Rettke <address@hidden> writes:
>>
>>> Thanks for looking Thomas and Nick.
>>>
>>> When I set this and export
>>>
>>> ,----
>>> `----
>>>
>>> I get the expected result of
>>>
>>> ,----
>>> `----
>>>
>>> But when I do this and export
>>>
>>> ,----
>>> `----
>>>
>>> I get this output which is not what I expected
>>>
>>> ,----
>>> `----
>>>
>>> I thought that I was enabling inline code block execution correctly
>>> and making the inline call correctly.
>>>
>>> How does it look should it be doing what I had wanted?
>>>

>> I don't think you can: the `type' (see below) of the inline code is not
>> `inline' as one might think at first, but `lob', presumably because
>> call_foo is defined in the library-of-babel.
>>
>> The relevant code is in ob-exp.el:org-babel-exp-results:
>>
>> ,----
>> |   (when (and (or (eq org-export-babel-evaluate t)
>> |              (and (eq type 'inline)
>> |                   (eq org-export-babel-evaluate 'inline-only)))
>> |          (not (and hash (equal hash (org-babel-current-result-hash)))))
>> `----
>
> Then I would like to turn this into a feature request:  Enable
> inline-block-specific settings.

I'm not sure if this solves your problem, but

 #+name: squareFun
 #+begin_src emacs-lisp :exports none
   (defun square (it) (* it it))
 #+end_src

 #+RESULTS: squareFun
 : square

Here is a src_emacs-lisp{(square 10)}, from an inline source block.

does work with org-export-babel-evaluate set to 'inline-only. You do
have to evaluate the squareFun block before exporting.

Best,
Ista