Re: [O] basic checklist getting more complex

From: Thorsten Jolitz
Subject: Re: [O] basic checklist getting more complex
Date: Sun, 27 Jul 2014 01:29:44 +0200

Jude DaShiell <address@hidden> writes:

> I put together a basic checklist for a familymember and was asked to
> categorize all items in the list and then to priortize all items in each
> category.  I've never done either of these things to a basic checklist so
> figured to ask what's the best way to do this so each item in the list
> once categorized and prioritized doesn't loose its category or priority if
> the checklist items somehow get out of order for some reason.
> I could use single level headlines for categories but if the document
> looses any one of those headlines, the category structure is degraded.
>
> If a cannonical emacs-orgmode procedure exists for doing these things and
> it's already documented I could use an url pointing to the material if
> anyone knows of one.

Mmhh, since you cannot apply tags and proprities to checklist items
AFAIK, it seems you already gave the canonical procedure yourself:

put the checklists in subtrees with tags (=categories) and further
subsubtrees with different priorities (or vice versa).

Why would you eliminate the subtrees later, when they are still needed?

--
cheers,
Thorsten