Re: [O] bug: isearch puts ellipses at top of window

From: Samuel Wales
Subject: Re: [O] bug: isearch puts ellipses at top of window
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2014 15:27:21 -0700

On 7/27/14, Bastien <address@hidden> wrote:
>> in maint, isearch very often puts ... at the top of the window.  is
>> this related to recent ellipsis bugs?
>
> This is related to the removal of an ill-thought fix for this very
> same problem.  I suggest we live with it right now.

is this fixed in master?  even when full screen and one window per
frame, i only have a few lines, so taking one away with pointless
ellipsis is significant.  also, it seems to elide file local
variables.  it is a large monitor, but large fonts.  i usually find
myself reverting the buffer to get rid of the ellipses.

thanks.