[O] cant get org-protocol right

From: Stefan Huchler
Subject: [O] cant get org-protocol right
Date: Mon, 04 Aug 2014 02:53:24 +0200

I tried to setup here org-protocol with firefox, first the docu is very
old does refer to gnome 2:

http://orgmode.org/worg/org-contrib/org-protocol.html#sec-3-1

So after searching around I found a howto to make the protocol known by
apps with a desktop file and the command update-desktop-database like
descripted here:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/7464951/how-to-make-org-protocol-work

I have following in my init.el:

(require 'org-protocol)

(setq org-protocol-default-template-key "l")
(setq org-capture-templates
 '(("t" "Todo" entry (file+headline "~/notes/notes.org" "BLA")
        "* TODO %?\n  %i\n  %a")
   ("l" "Link" entry (file+olp "~/notes/notes.org" "Web Links")
        "* %a\n %?\n %i")

its running in servermode.

If I call it manually at least with org-capture links it works like
excepted:

emacsclient org-protocol://capture://http://slash.org/

I get a capture buffer and can add that url and it gets added.

Now the strange behaviour, with that desktop file I got firefox to ask
at least for a programm if I enter there such a url, and I choose
org-protocol, what I get as choice from the desktop file.
But then nothing happens in emacs.

So again pasting this url into epiphany, emacs opens a new file buffer
with the name: "~org-protocol:/capture/http:/slash.org/"  (its a
fundamental buffer)

So I dont know why but I tried the same link in epiphany a bit
different:

org-protocol:/capture://slash.org

so removing one of the slashes after org-protocol helps also he doesnt
like the http:// in the string.

So do u think thats a gnome bug (I am using fedora 20 with the gnome
COPR).

here is my org-protocol.desktop file:

[Desktop Entry]
Name=org-protocol