Re: [O] Emacs-orgmode Digest, Vol 102, Issue 5

From: Nick Dokos
Subject: Re: [O] Emacs-orgmode Digest, Vol 102, Issue 5
Date: Tue, 05 Aug 2014 13:36:05 -0400

"Salome "Södergran\"" <address@hidden> writes:

>> "Salome "S?dergran\"" wrote:
>> > I'm looking for a way to make orgmode export quote signs to LaTeX's
>> > \enquote{}.
>> > On stackoverflow.com (1) I found a solution that uses
>> >   (setq org-export-with-smart-quotes t)
>> >   (add-to-list 'org-export-smart-quotes-alist .....)
>> > but on my system I find neither the variable org-export-with-smart-quotes
>> > nor
>> > org-export-smartcodes-alist.
>> >
>> > Am I missing something or has the procedure been changed in the meanwhile?
>>
>> You don't use Org mode 8, don't you?  Well, that'd explain...
>>
>> Best regards,
>>   Seb
>>
>> --
>> Sebastien Vauban
>
> With M-x org-version I get:
>   Org-mode version 8.2.7b (8.2.7b-2-g798733-elpaplus @
> /home/salome/.emacs.d/elpa/org-plus-contrib-20140721/)
>
> So the version ought to be ok. What else could be the reason for the missing
> variables?

The variable is defined in ox.el. Try

  M-x locate-library RET ox RET

and if that shows the right provenance, try

  M-x load-library RET ox-le RET

and see if the variable is defined. But note that you *should not have*
to do this: it should work right off the bat.

If the problem persists (even after you restart emacs), I would suspect
a "mixed installation" (search the list for this).

Nick