Re: [O] :exclude sub folder in org-publish

From: regcl
Subject: Re: [O] :exclude sub folder in org-publish
Date: Wed, 06 Aug 2014 18:23:18 -0400

Bastien <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi,
>
> regcl <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> I could not figure out how to do this from INFO. I found examples of
>> preventing publishing of specific file extensions, but not whole
>> directories.
>
> Unless my memory fails me, :exclude works on names, not just on
> extensions.  So maybe using both :recursive and :exclude can lead
> to what you want.

Yes that matches my understanding and experience. But I could not figure
out how to, for example in this tree ...

~/A
.
+--proj
|  +--.git
|  +--README.org
|  |  +--Manuscript
|  |  |  +--.git
|  |  |  +--README.org
|  |  |  +--drafts
|  |  |  +--GenomicsData
|  |  |  |  +--.git
|  |  |  |  +--README.org

... publish the README's above GenomicsData, but not in GenomicsData.

But maybe this is asking too much of org-mode publish.

FWIW, I ended up using a recursive sub- make harness with something like
this in the Makefile ...

.PHONY: html
html: README.html

# export org file to html
%.html: %.org
        emacs --batch --load=~/.emacs $*.org --eval='(org-html-export-to-html)'

Best,
George