Re: [O] Feature request: copy cell contents into kill ring

From: Aaron Ecay
Subject: Re: [O] Feature request: copy cell contents into kill ring
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2014 02:15:11 -0400

Hi Andrea,

2014ko abuztuak 11an, Andrea Rossetti-ek idatzi zuen:

> Hello everone,
>
>   copying a table cell (C-c C-x M-w) uses a private clipboard, as stated
> by the `org-table-copy-region' docstring. Sometimes it's handy to paste
> a cell's text into something that isn't an org-table (my use case was:
> record a macro to perform some silly updates in bbdb, once per table row).
>
>   My quick-and-dirty solution was the following:
>

>   but I believe a "copy cell to kill ring" would be a nice Org feature
> to add (maybe bound to C-u C-c C-x M-w). Before digging any further,
> may I please ask for opinions and advice: would it make sense for you
> too? not worth it? or is this already possible with some different
> keystroke?

Another option might be to create (or adapt) a keybinding to mark the
contents of the current table cell, which could then be followed with
M-w (kill-ring-save).  This would be more general (since you can also
e.g. delete the contents of the cell after marking it), and also not
require more keystrokes (as long as you can find a binding of 3 keys or
less for the mark-cell command).

--
Aaron Ecay