Re: [O] How to represent this in Org-mode

From: John Kitchin
Subject: Re: [O] How to represent this in Org-mode
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2014 19:30:42 -0400

Marcin Borkowski <address@hidden> writes:

Are you hoping to have some properties on headlines that define the
dependencies, and then export the org-file to some format that has these
dependencies as links to those sections?

I am teaching a course this fall and I am actually using org-mode as the
format of the notes (students will be reading them in Emacs). So, I will
just be putting links to org-files directly into them, and in places
where I want to remind them of previous material. I wrote up each
"lecture" in a separate file, and provide the order in a separate table
of contents file.

If you plan to export the org files, I would use org-id links in a
section at the top of each file that indicate which previous material
should be mastered. These should export as links in html or latex.

--
John Kitchin