Re: [O] where Babel looks for binaries?

From: Steven Arntson
Subject: Re: [O] where Babel looks for binaries?
Date: Sun, 17 Aug 2014 11:00:34 -0700

Steven Arntson <address@hidden> writes:

> Achim Gratz <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> Steven Arntson writes:
>>> I reverted the change to ob-lilypond.el and did as you suggested,
>>> adding
>>>
>>> (setq ly-nix-ly-path "/usr/local/lilypond")
>>
>> I don't think that path points to an actual lilypond executable, but is
>> rather an installation directory.  Since it would seem you have lilypond
>> in PATH on your system, you might rather try just "lilypond" (or check
>> which lilypond you're actually using by doing a "which lilypond" on the
>> command line).
>>
>> Regards,
>> Achim.
>
> That did it---I changed my init.el to read:
>
> (setq ly-nix-ly-path "lilypond")
>
> And it works like a charm.

I've stumbled straight into another issue. ly-tangle now works, but when
I try to invoke lilypond-mode in my org document by typing C-c ' in a
code block, I now get:

Language mode `lilypond-mode' fails with: "Cannot open load file"

I did "which lilypond" in the terminal and retrieved the path
"/usr/local/bin/lilypond" and replaced that in my init.el, viz:

(setq ly-nix-ly-path "/usr/local/bin/lilypond")

After this, "ly-tangle" still works perfectly, and C-c ' still doesn't.

On a hunch, I went to look at "org-babel-load-languages," but the
customize interface here doesn't seem to offer the ability to change
where the system looks for the language.