Re: [O] [BUG] Export option ^:{} does not work inside tags

From: Nicolas Goaziou
Subject: Re: [O] [BUG] Export option ^:{} does not work inside tags
Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2014 14:47:23 +0200

Hello,

Thorsten Jolitz <address@hidden> writes:

> when exporting this to latex/pdf
>
> ,----
> | * ORG SCRATCH :foo_bar:
> | Hallo_World
> `----
>
> it translates to this
>
> ,----
> | % Created 2014-08-25 Mo 02:23
> | \documentclass[11pt]{article}
> | [...]
> | \section{ORG SCRATCH\hfill{}\textsc{foo_bar}}
> | \label{sec-1}
> | Hallo\_World
> | % Emacs 24.3.1 (Org mode 8.3beta)
> | \end{document}
> `----
>
> where the '_' in tag 'foo_bar' is interpreted as subscript, not as literal
> underscore (look at the produced pdf), while content 'Hallo_World' is
> treated as expected.

Tags are not parsed. As such, they cannot contain a sub/superscript
object, and "^" option item has no influence on the way they are
translated.

Nevertheless, as you noticed, "_" should be always escaped. I fixed it
in master (as the fix introduces some incompatible changes). Thank you
for reporting it.

Regards,

--
Nicolas Goaziou