Re: [O] babel: ob-C with Visual C++ and compilation-mode

From: Thierry Banel
Subject: Re: [O] babel: ob-C with Visual C++ and compilation-mode
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2014 21:44:22 +0200

Le 24/08/2014 14:57, Ernesto Durante a écrit :

I have worked with VTK (the visualization toolkit). It is like
babel and allows differents block to be chained and evaluated on demand.

Very interesting software.
Thanks for sharing.

In VTK, such a chain is called a pipeline. Clearly the main challenge of VTK is
to ensure that the data flowing between algorithms are compatible.
VTK relies heavily on the type of data.

How in Babel can we associate a type to a data ? to a column of a table ?
to a list ? Without such a information, how can babel infer the type ?

You may want to read this small tutorial:
http://orgmode.org/worg/org-contrib/babel/examples/data-collection-analysis.html
It describes a Babel pipeline with tables in the middle.