Re: [O] Bug: Feature request: make length of history in org-clock-select

From: Christoph LANGE
Subject: Re: [O] Bug: Feature request: make length of history in org-clock-select-task customizable [8.2.7c (8.2.7c-51-g896fa6-elpaplus @ c:/Users/clange/.emacs.d/elpa/org-plus-contrib-20140825/)]
Date: Sat, 30 Aug 2014 12:57:34 +0200

On 2014-08-28 18:03, Subhan Michael Tindall wrote:
> Try
> (setq org-clock-history-length <n>)
> In your .emacs

Thank you very much, that's great!  I had no idea, because …

* the documentation of org-clock-goto and org-clock-in (which display the history given universal-argument) didn't refer to this,

* org-clock-select-task does not obviously refer to org-clock-history-length,

* I was misled by the hard-coded 10 in org-clock-select-task, which, as I now understand, defines the boundary between digits and letters to number tasks.

> I believe the max on the list length is 35, but I could be wrong.

I think you are right about this, given the initial code in org-clock-history-push, and the limit to 9 digits (why actually not use "0" for the most recent one?) and 26 alphabetic letters.

Cheers,

Christoph

--
Christoph Lange, Enterprise Information Systems Department
Applied Computer Science @ University of Bonn; Fraunhofer IAIS

→ SEMANTiCS conference: Transfer–Engineering–Community.
  Leipzig, Germany, 4–5 September (workshops 1–3 September).
  Including Vocabulary Carnival, LOD for SMEs, Linked Data Quality.