Re: [O] progress indicator for code blocks?

From: John Kitchin
Subject: Re: [O] progress indicator for code blocks?
Date: Sun, 31 Aug 2014 08:03:28 -0400

John Kitchin <address@hidden> writes:

I am currently using this bit of advice to change the color of code
blocks while they are being executed so there is a visual hint something
is happening.

;; give us some hint we are running
(defadvice org-babel-execute-src-block (around progress nil activate)
  (set-face-attribute
   'org-block-background nil :background "LightSteelBlue")
  (message "Running your code block")
  ad-do-it
  (set-face-attribute 'org-block-background nil :background "gray")
  (message "Done with code block"))

--
John Kitchin