Re: [O] Babel more verbose?

From: Nick Dokos
Subject: Re: [O] Babel more verbose?
Date: Tue, 02 Sep 2014 23:58:25 -0400

John Kitchin <address@hidden> writes:

> I found a message is not sufficient because I get another message from
> running the code block that looks like:
>
> Wrote
> /var/folders/5q/lllv2yf95hg_n6h6kjttbmdw0000gn/T/babel-27354lYd/ob-input-27354uxF
>
> and it obscures the first message so you cannot tell what is happening.

Right - that seems to be quite accidental though: it is done by
write-region in ob-eval.el:org-babel--shell-command-on-region when it
writes the input file, before it is passed to the shell for execution;
hardly a significant milestone. I wonder if that call should be changed
to suppress the message, something like

      (write-region start end input-file nil 'no-message)

quite apart from the problem at hand.

--
Nick

--