Re: [O] Custom formatting during export

From: Julian Gehring
Subject: Re: [O] Custom formatting during export
Date: Wed, 03 Sep 2014 09:26:07 -0700

Hi Gabe,

Macro replacements [[http://orgmode.org/manual/Macro-replacement.html]] should be what you are looking for.

For example, the macro

    #+MACRO: pkg  $1

would be called by

    {{{pkg(PkgName)}}}

You can also use this to format your input for one or multiple backends

    #+MACRO: M @@latex:\$1{@@$2@@latex:}@@

Let me know if this helps.

Best
Julian

On 03.09.2014 06:36, Gabe Becker wrote:
orgmode developers and power-users,

I'd like to be able to declare custom entities (apologies if I'm using
that term incorrectly) within the text of an orgmode document which I
can specify custom formatting for when my .org is exported, e.g. to PDF
or HTML.

I have a background in Docbook, so the analogue there would be defining
a custom xml tag and then extending the XSL files to handle it as
desired. Please see the following snippet:

* section title
Here is some text, but I want [specialthing: this bit here] to be
formatted differently than [newanddifferent: this other big over here].

Where I would have defined specific custom formatting rules for
"specialthing" and "newanddifferent" type entities.

Is there a way to do this in orgmode? If not, it seems like it would be
a very useful feature (at least to me:) ). Note: I don't care about the
syntax as long as the result is the same.

Thanks for your help,
~G
--
Computational Biologist