[O] agenda view custom command, restrict buffer

From: Brady Trainor
Subject: [O] agenda view custom command, restrict buffer
Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2014 04:30:32 +0000 (UTC)

Today I realized how simple a command I liked in C-c a < a d.

This would give an agenda-view of the current buffer and current day. So I
thought, let's practice translating such key sequences to custom-commands.
And I hit a speed bump.

It seems not everything available in the agenda command menu is available
as an existing variable for custom commands. I naively tried the following,
but I don't think it works.
(setq org-agenda-custom-commands
      `(("c" "View today's clocking"
         ((agenda "")
          )
         ((org-agenda-span 'day)
          (org-agenda-restrict (current-buffer))
          ))
        ))

Perhaps a function could be written, but more so I was just surprised that
custom-commands seemed to be missing an option available in the agenda-view
menu.

For now, I will just try to rely on simpler alternatives, such as

(setq org-agenda-custom-commands
      `(("c" "View today's clocking"
         ((agenda "")
          )