Re: [O] user-error: Not at a block -- how to debug?

From: Eric S Fraga
Subject: Re: [O] user-error: Not at a block -- how to debug?
Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2014 17:09:23 +0100

Nicolas,

again, thanks for fixing this bug but I wonder if you would mind
thinking about the approach to error handling.  The user error handling
was short-circuiting the normal file handling, in particular some of the
hooks and other processing that would have been expected to be
invoked.  In this case, I had used recentf to visit the file.  Because
of the user error, the buffer wouldn't appear at all.  Likewise,
projectile processing was being terminated.  Both aspects caused me some
confusion, to say the least...

Is there an alternative means of raising an error or warning without
terminating normal processing?

thanks,
eric

--
: Eric S Fraga (0xFFFCF67D), Emacs 24.3.1, Org release_8.3beta-265-g7cf7e4