[O] async export not working for me

From: Julien Cubizolles
Subject: [O] async export not working for me
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2014 17:39:20 +0200

I'm running org-mode 8.3beta from org-plus-contrib in melpa. I must have
missed something obvious cause I could never get async export working.

Here is what I do:
emacs -Q
(require 'package)
(package-initialize) ;; since org is installed by package

create a test.org file with only

* First Heading
* Second Heading

run

C-c
C-a ;; in the export dispatcher

I get:

Initializing asynchronous export process
org-export-to-file: Wrong type argument: stringp, nil

the synchronous export works fine.

If I run emacs with my regular config files, I get:
Initializing asynchronous export process
Process 'org-export-process' exited abnormally

different error message but still not ok.

What could possibly go wrong ?

Julien.