Re: [O] Changed behaviours of LaTeX exporter in version 8.0+

From: Nicolas Goaziou
Subject: Re: [O] Changed behaviours of LaTeX exporter in version 8.0+
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2014 21:01:58 +0200

Hello,

"Kyeong Soo (Joseph) Kim" <address@hidden> writes:

> 1. Double backslashes (for line break) embedded in a string for "#+AUTHOR:"
>
> With version 7.x, the following line
>
> #+AUTHOR: Joseph Kim\\Department of Electrical and Electronic
> Engineering\\Example University

[...]

> With version 8.2.7c, however, the same line is exported to
>
> \author{Joseph Kim$\backslash$\Department of Electrical and Electronic
> Engineering$\backslash$\Example University}
>
> which results in LaTeX compilation error.

AUTHOR, like TITLE, and DATE, now expect Org syntax, not LaTeX code. You
can insert raw LaTeX using an export snippet: @@latex:\\@@. Your author
line would then be

  #+AUTHOR: Joseph Kim@@latex:\\@@Department of Electrical and Electronic
Engineering@@latex:\\@@Example University

Note that you can shorten this with a macro.

> 2. Accessing the value of "#+KEYWORDS:" and change of cases in
> "org-special-blocks"
>
> For keywords section in IEEE papers, I used to have the following settings:
>
> #+KEYWORDS: AAA, BBB, CCC
> #+BEGIN_IEEEkeywords
> {{{KEYWORDS}}}.
> #+END_IEEEkeywords

[...]

> Version 8.2.7c, however, produces the following from the same settings:
>
> \begin{ieeekeywords}
> .
> \end{ieeekeywords}

I'm surprised {{{KEYWORDS}}} even worked as, AFAIK, it wasn't
documented.  Indeed, there is no such macro in Org 8.0.  However, you
can define your own

#+MACRO: keywords AAA, BBB, CCC

and then use

#+BEGIN_IEEEkeywords
{{{keywords}}}.
#+END_IEEEkeywords

> Because the keyword environment in IEEE LaTeX class is case-sensitive,
> again it results in LaTeX compilation error.

I fixed it in master. It will land in Org 8.3. Meanwhile, you can use
a filter to upcase IEEE in your special blocks.

Regards,

--
Nicolas Goaziou