Re: [O] header arguments, inheritance, and noweb expansion Was: «Macro»

From: Andreas Kiermeier
Subject: Re: [O] header arguments, inheritance, and noweb expansion Was: «Macro» expansion in source blocks; code-sharing between blocks
Date: Sat, 20 Sep 2014 16:27:42 +0930

On 19 September 2014 20:29, Rainer M Krug <address@hidden> wrote:
> This boils down to the question I asked earlier about header-args and
> +header args, inheritance of header arguments and this in contrast to
> normal header args.
>
> Based on this discussion, I thought that the header arguments count
> *where the code is executed* and not where it is defined - well -
> surprise for me.
>
> You could try and put the code block with the definition of the code
> into a subtree where you set
>
> ,----
> | :PROPERTIES:
> | :headser-args+: eval no
> | :END:
> `----
>
> This might work?

Hi Rainer & list,

I've set the following property for the subtree that both code blocks are in:

:header-args+: :eval no

but this results in no execution of either block
​​
.

I noticed in a separate thread (https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-orgmode/2014-09/msg00547.html)
​ that there is also :float header argument.​ The manual seems to indicate that it only applies to org tables (exported to latex) - I've tried using it on the original source block that produces a latex table as output, which of course didn't work.

But ... if it did, that is,
if this float (and placement) header argument was utilised by the latex source block, and so wrapped the output in a float (with optional caption
​ & label​
), then this
​c​ould
 circumvent the need for the second noweb source block.

The alternative mentioned by Chuck Berry is the xtable function (in R) (https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-orgmode/2014-09/msg00519.html). I just tried it and am happy to share that it does created the whole output in one go, i.e. it does exactly what I need, including table float, caption and label. Now I just got to sort out how to created the tables without the use of tabular ...

Thanks to all for your help!

Cheers,

Andreas