Re: [O] [patch, ox] #+INCLUDE resolves links

From: Rasmus
Subject: Re: [O] [patch, ox] #+INCLUDE resolves links
Date: Sun, 21 Sep 2014 13:46:42 +0200

Hi,

Rasmus <address@hidden> writes:

> This patch allows INCLUDE to have intuitive links as resolved by
> `org-link'-search'.  A couple of examples:
>
> #+INCLUDE: file.org::#custom_id :noheadline :lines "3-"
> #+INCLUDE: file.org::*headline :lines "-10"
>
> :noheading tries to get rid of the first headline, and immediately
> subsequent drawer and property-drawer, if present.  :noheading is only
> interpret when a headline argument is present.  :lines is interpreted
> relatively, if coupled with a headline link.
>
> I should work for other types of links as well though it could be
> limited to headlines only.
>
> Perhaps it would even make sense to let it take a no-file argument to
> locate things within the same buffer.  This would be useful for
> including, say, tables in babel/code-appendices.

Ups, I think the previous patch had a paredit mistake.

The attached patch includes documentation, better error handling and
enforces consistency when using `org-link-search'.  I used the patch
this morning and I think it makes INCLUDE more enjoyable to use.

Cheers,
Rasmus

--
It was you, Jezebel, it was you