Re: [O] [Bug?] Results of code block printed in wrong place

From: Tobias Getzner
Subject: Re: [O] [Bug?] Results of code block printed in wrong place
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2014 13:41:30 +0200

On Di, 2014-09-23 at 14:32 -0400, Aaron Ecay wrote:
> I can reproduce this.
> Babel uses yes-or-no-p to confirm evaluation of the code block on export.
> yes-or-no-p is implemented in C whereas y-or-n-p is in elisp, so it must
> be the case that the lisp code allows some hook to run, which follow-mode
> uses to futz with which buffer/window is current, confusing org-mode.
> The C implementation I guess doesn’t run the same hook.

make such a difference is quite bewildering.

> Sounds like the best advice for the moment is “don’t use follow-mode
> with org”.  Maybe it’s worth adding to the section on package conflicts
> in the manual?

Aw, that’s a pity. Given the vertically sparse nature of the tree
outline, follow-mode was quite naturally suited to complement org-mode,
in particular on a wide-screen monitor.

Considering you analysis above, should this be considered a bug in
follow-mode or Emacs core? If so, I could then pass this on to the
appropriate bug tracker.

Though I wonder how «(TeX-source-correlate-mode)» figures into this
(cf. my cross-link in this thread; hooking that mode into AucTeX will
break exporting horribly when both follow-mode and org-mode are active.
I thumbed through tex.el, and while it’s mostly Greek to me, I noticed
that some correlate-related functions also seem to be using y-or-n-p
directly. Follow-mode and plain LaTeX-mode appear to work in
conjunction, though.

Best,
T.