Re: [O] PATCH: Fix malformed "message" links produced by org-mac-link.el

From: Steve Purcell
Subject: Re: [O] PATCH: Fix malformed "message" links produced by org-mac-link.el
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2014 16:42:18 +0100

Alan Schmitt <address@hidden> writes:
> I just tested it with the current version and I'm not seeing this
> problem. Is there something special about that email that breaks, or are
> you seeing problems with every email?

I see it with every mail. I'm on OS X 10.9.5, but the problem was also
present on 10.9.4.

The "substring" part of the removed code led to the trimming of the
characters at each end, so it's not clear to me how it could ever have
worked, unless the output is routinely wrapped in quotes on others'
machines.

Mysterious indeed.

In any case, there were a few blocks of identical-looking code dotted
around the file: the block appears to have been wisely extracted into
org-mac-paste-applescript-links, but the duplicate code hasn't been
replaced with a call to that function. So this patch does so for the
Mail case, and the same fix should also probably be made in
org-mac-outlook-message-get-links.

-Steve