[O] Editing Org-mode syntax in a web-browser (textarea)?

From: Thorsten Jolitz
Subject: [O] Editing Org-mode syntax in a web-browser (textarea)?
Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2014 08:58:08 +0200

Hi List,

this question is explicitly *not* about popping up an emacsclient
instance from firefox or chrome to edit an html textarea in Emacs. And
its *not* about emacs-w3m or eww.

I'm rather interested if there is something like Ymacs
(http://www.ymacs.org/)

,----
| Ymacs is an Emacs-like editor that works in your browser. Currently
| (starting with tag v0.4 in the code repository) it works in recent
| versions of Firefox (and other Gecko-based browsers), Google Chrome
| and Apple Safari.
`----

that supports Org syntax too?

I saw Org-mode mentioned in the context of Codemirror, but its not in
its language list (http://codemirror.net/mode/index.html).

Both of these browser editors are of course extensible, and since they
support markdown, maybe creating an extension for org-mode would not be
so hard, but I would like to know if there already exist some useful browser
editing tools for Org syntax out there?

--
cheers,
Thorsten