Re: [O] Exporter dispatcher bug?

From: Charles Millar
Subject: Re: [O] Exporter dispatcher bug?
Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2014 09:43:36 -0400

Brady and Charles and all,

Thanks for your suggestions.

The following is rather long-winded.

Charles Berry wrote:
Brady Trainor <algebrat <at> uw.edu> writes:

Charles Millar <millarc <at> verizon.net> writes:

Brady Trainor wrote:
Charles Millar <millarc <at> verizon.net> writes:

Today, using C-c C-e, the dispatcher shows only the LaTeX and
Publisher options.

What is the result C-h v org-export-backends?

-- snip --
Its value is (ascii html icalendar latex)
-- snip --

Charlie
Looks normal! Wild guess, had to try :)

I think you want to check

(mapcar 'org-export-backend-name org-export--registered-backends)

to see what backends are actually available to the export dispatcher.

and  (mapcar 'org-export-backend-menu org-export--registered-backends)

to see what menu options should be there.

HTH,

Chuck

I found (mapcar 'org-export-backend-menu org-export--registered-backends); however (mapcar 'org-export-backend-name org-export--registered-backends) does not exist in my ox.el. On my Linux learning machine (Jessie, same org version) the dispatcher is fine. However there appears to be no (mapcar 'org-export-backend-name org-export--registered-backends)

In the meantime, I did my regular org update and still have the same problem. The dispatcher (on my Vista machine) shows the toggled options at the top and bottom. In between the LaTeX and Publish backends with options are shown, but no others. (There has not been a problem with the toggled options)

So I did M-x org-export-to-[tab] which gave

Possible completions are:
org-ascii-export-to-ascii     org-beamer-export-to-latex
org-beamer-export-to-pdf     org-bibtex-export-to-kill-ring
org-html-export-to-html     org-icalendar-export-to-ics
org-latex-export-to-latex     org-latex-export-to-pdf
org-md-export-to-markdown     org-odt-export-to-odt
org-org-export-to-org

I decided to choose ascii, which reported an export to a txt file (did not check it out). After that the ascii backend had been loaded into the dispatcher as well as the LaTeX and Publish.

I did a M-x org-export-to-html, which reported an export to html; the dispatcher now had ascii, html, LaTeX and Publish

Org-mode version 8.3beta (release_8.3beta-400-g200eeb @ c:/cygwin/home/Charlie01/.elisp/org-mode/lisp/)
GNU Emacs 24.3.1 (i386-mingw-nt6.0.6002) of 2013-03-17 on MARVIN

Charlie

---
is active.