Re: [O] column view uses non-existent org-whitespace face

From: Michael Brand
Subject: Re: [O] column view uses non-existent org-whitespace face
Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2014 18:09:14 +0200

Hi Eric

On Tue, Aug 5, 2014 at 4:53 AM, Eric Abrahamsen <address@hidden> wrote:
> 2. The text for %ITEM has the face org-whitespace applied to the leading
> stars, which doesn't exist anymore. I assume the intended effect was
> that the stars take up space, emulating indentation, but not themselves
> be visible. I guess that would be done by replacing the org-whitespace
> face with whatever's being used as the column background color but I
> don't know enough about faces to make that work. I also tried switching
> 'org-whitespace to 'invisible, but that didn't do anything. This is in
> org-columns-cleanup-item.
>
> [...]
> The second would be nice to resolve --
> it's ugly!

Same here. I just tried to hide the leading stars in column view by
shifting the beginning of the overlay to the right in
`org-columns-new-overlay' with

    (let ((ov (make-overlay
               (if org-hide-leading-stars (+ beg (org-current-level) -1) beg)
               end)))

but this trial seems to have several issues and I don't know how to do
it right.

Michael