Re: [O] How to get the link the point is on?

From: Subhan Michael Tindall
Subject: Re: [O] How to get the link the point is on?
Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2014 16:54:25 +0000

[SNIP]
[SNIP]
> > you know about
> >
> > ,----[ C-h f org-toggle-link-display RET ]
> > | org-toggle-link-display is an interactive compiled Lisp function in
> > | `org.el'.
> > |
> > | It is bound to <menu-bar> <Org> <Hyperlinks> <Descriptive Links>,
> > | <menu-bar> <Org> <Hyperlinks> <Literal Links>.
> > |
> > | (org-toggle-link-display)
> > |
> > | Toggle the literal or descriptive display of links.
> > `----
> >
> > ?
>
> Yes, I do, but this is not what I'm looking for.  I want to see the
> `descriptive'
> links, only to be able (sometimes) to look up the actual target of the link.
> (And I don't like the idea of moving the point to the end, pressing
> <backspace> to delete the rightmost bracket, and then pressing C-\ to undo
> it...)
[>]

I accomplish this by using C-c C-l  RET RET (which is bound to org-insert-link
and resides in org.el)
Technically it pops up the long link and description for editing in the message
buffer, but they default to current values so effectively provide an easy
display.  Works from anywhere in the highlighted link.
If nothing else it should point you at some modifiable code you can use for
display.

Subhan

> Best,
>
> --
> Marcin Borkowski
> http://octd.wmi.amu.edu.pl/en/Marcin_Borkowski
> Adam Mickiewicz University

This message is intended for the sole use of the individual and entity to which
it is addressed and may contain information that is privileged, confidential
and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the intended
addressee, nor authorized to receive for the intended addressee, you are hereby
notified that you may not use, copy, disclose or distribute to anyone the
message or any information contained in the message. If you have received this
message in error, please immediately advise the sender by reply email and
delete the message.  Thank you.