Re: [O] Bug: Export to html inserts strange unicode characters at line b

From: Aaron Ecay
Subject: Re: [O] Bug: Export to html inserts strange unicode characters at line breaks because of fci-mode [8.2.7c (8.2.7c-64-g01f736-elpa @ /home/kmodi/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140915/)]
Date: Sat, 27 Sep 2014 15:25:25 -0400

Hi Nicolas and Kaushal,

2014ko irailak 26an, Nicolas Goaziou-ek idatzi zuen:

> Hello,
>
> Kaushal <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> I have fci-mode installed and enabled for programming modes.
>>
>> When org exports to html, htmlize figures out the syntax highlighting of
>> the code by calling  =(funcall lang-mode)=.
>>
>> That activates =fci-mode=.
>>
>> =fci-mode= shows the fill column using a unicode character. The issue is
>> that org export to html exports that character as well.
>>
>> Those characters show up in html as below!
>> http://i.imgur.com/8WplTqw.png
>>
>> So the solution is to fix the =orx-html-fontify-code= function.
>
> I don't think so. `fill-column-indicator' is not even in core Emacs. We
> shouldn't provide a workaround for every package out there.

For better or for worse, Bastien already installed this fix on master as
commit 44aaaad8, in response to Kaushal’s earlier bug report on this
issue.  See <http://mid.gmane.org/address@hidden>.

The fix has not yet been merged to the release branch, so it won’t yet
show up in the ELPA version of org which Kaushal seems to be using.

--
Aaron Ecay