Re: [O] Image collisions (was Re: ox-odt doesn't honor :anchor "page")

From: Christian Moe
Subject: Re: [O] Image collisions (was Re: ox-odt doesn't honor :anchor "page")
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2014 11:30:12 +0200

Martin Gürtler writes:

> Hi,
>
> thanks for the fast response.
>
> Am 30.09.2014 um 09:58 schrieb Christian Moe:
>>
>> Confirmed, but it seems to be a documentation error, not a bug.
>> It works if you leave out the quotation marks:
>> #+ATTR_ODT: :anchor page
>
> This indeed helped. Unfortunately, it turns out that the anchoring is of
> limited
> use, because I get collisions (images at same position). Well, org-mode export
> is not LateX - there is probably no way to control that within the org mode
> file..

Not currently, as far as I'm aware. LibreOffice lacks Latex's ability to
decide for itself where best to place an image on the page, and Org-mode
shouldn't even try.

It's no doubt technically possible to add a feature to specify image
coordinates in the ATTR_ODT line, but I don't know if there would be a
point. In very many cases, it will probably be easier to fix stuff
manually in LibreOffice afterwards than specifying coordinates in Org.

Yours,
Christian