[O] Babel: reusing language-specific functions

From: Jarmo Hurri
Subject: [O] Babel: reusing language-specific functions
Date: Tue, 07 Oct 2014 14:46:42 +0300

Greetings.

I have a very basic Babel question, but I can not extract the solution
from the manual.

I have a language-specific function - in this case Asymptote, but it
could be e.g. C as well - that I want to use in a number of different
source blocks of the same language in an Org file. How do I accomplish
this?

Currently my solution is to write the function into an external source
file, and include the file in the source blocks. But that looks ugly,
and is sort of against the Org-mode way of doing things: all code in the
same place for completeness and convenience.

How can I achieve what I want?

All the best,

Jarmo