[O] org-export-select-tags behaviour

From: Seb Frank
Subject: [O] org-export-select-tags behaviour
Date: Thu, 9 Oct 2014 09:51:39 +0100

Hi,

Quoting the manual (12.1 Selective Export):

"1. Org first checks if any of the select tags is present in the buffer...
 2. If none of the select tags is found, the whole buffer will be selected for export."

Is it possible to change this behaviour (i.e., to select nothing for export if none of the /select/ tags are present), at least as an option? I'm using org-caldav to synchronise selected entries in my org files with an external calendar, and at some times in an org file there might happen to be no headline present that I want exported -- in that case, I'd prefer not to have /every/ headline exported, but none.

I've been trying to find where the selection/exclusion is done (in ox.el?), but my limited lisp skills didn't get me far enough. Any pointers?

Many thanks,
  Seb