Re: [O] [Org-Drill] Latex Images are removed in sessions

From: Marco Wahl
Subject: Re: [O] [Org-Drill] Latex Images are removed in sessions
Date: Thu, 09 Oct 2014 21:23:37 +0200

Hi Thomas,

> first of all thanks for the great piece of software.

Totally agreed.

> * Einheitliche Kreisbewegung                                          :drill:
>
> Zentripetale Beschleunigung bei gegebener Geschwindigkeit $v$ und
> Radius $r$.
>
> ** Antwort
>
> #+BEGIN_LATEX
>   \begin{equation}
>     \label{eq:1}
>     a = \frac{v^2}{r}.
>   \end{equation}
> #+END_LATEX

> What I usually do is to generate latex fragments of the whole tree by
> going to the beginning of the buffer and executing
> `org-toggle-latex-fragment' (C-c C-x C-l). After that I execute `M-x
> org-drill'. This usually works rather fine. Although there are a few
> issues:
>
> [...issues...]
>
> Can you give me a hint on how to investigate this problem further?
> org-mode is on version 8.3beta (installed via el-get) and org-drill
> seems to be at 2.4.1 at least it says so in org-drill.el.

Obviously there already is some logic in org-drill.org to handle latex
fragments.  See the lines containing (org-preview-latex-fragment).
Looks like the logic for displaying the fragments is somehow broken.

A pragmatic patch to keep you going with physics drills could be to
comment out all those lines containing (org-preview-latex-fragment) in
org-drill.org.

HTH,  Marco
--
http://www.wahlzone.de