[O] org-mode for knowledge management

From: Louis
Subject: [O] org-mode for knowledge management
Date: Thu, 9 Oct 2014 16:17:45 -0600 (MDT)

Hi all,

I've been using org-mode for a variety of purposes for a few years. I find that it suffers from the same problem that other such tools do. The problem is me. I can't remember week to week how I may have classified some scrap of information. Did I drop it into notes/someproduct.org or was it procedures/someprocess.org?

While working through this, I've used #+INDEX: Topic!subtopic which helps but is not sufficiently granular.

I'm thinking about approaches using properties or drawers. Has any of you done something like this, or done something similar that I've not considered?

Thanks in advance,

Your rapidly graying, Louis