Re: [O] org-habit for multiple arbitrary days in a week

From: James Harkins
Subject: Re: [O] org-habit for multiple arbitrary days in a week
Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2014 09:19:57 +0800

At Mon, 13 Oct 2014 17:56:04 +0200,
Nicolas Goaziou wrote:
> > ** TODO Update lesson gradesheet
> > :Comp:
> >    SCHEDULED: <2014-10-13 Mon +1w>
> >    SCHEDULED: <2014-10-17 Fri +1w>
>
> You can't. This is invalid Org syntax (only one scheduled keyword per
> entry).

I see... perhaps it should be filed under "wish list" to support an "arbitrary
days of week" repeater style. One way might be something like "<2014-10-13 Mon
+4d +3d>": First advance by 4 days, then by 3 days, then 4 again and so on.

I would call it a low priority enhancement. There might actually be some
benefit to tracking consistency on the two days separately. But the fact
remains, if someone needed to treat it as one task that happens on two or three
arbitrary days during the week (always the same days) and it wouldn't be useful
for her to split them, org-habit currently does not support this as far as I
can see.

hjh