Re: [O] 24.4.1; Emacs hangs with Org mode when point is in LOGBOOK

From: Thorsten Jolitz
Subject: Re: [O] 24.4.1; Emacs hangs with Org mode when point is in LOGBOOK
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2014 18:28:45 +0200

Eric Abrahamsen <address@hidden> writes:

> Fabrice Niessen <address@hidden>
> writes:

Hello,

>> On Windows 8, with Emacs 24.4.1 (from Dani) and Org mode version
>> 8.3beta, I can very often freeze Emacs when clocking into a task, or
>> when editing the timestamps found in the LOGBOOK drawer.
>
> I've gotten something looking like that from time to time (more often in
> the early days of the Org caching mechanism), and sending SIGUSR2 to the
> frozen emacs would reveal that it was in the midst of something
> flyspell-related. You don't appear to be running flyspell, but I'll
> guess that Org's timers are clashing with somebody else's timers.
>
> Not very helpful, I know.

I just crashed

,----
| GNU Emacs 24.3.1 (x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.12.2)
|  of 2014-06-11 on var-lib-archbuild-staging-x86_64-jgc
`----

again today while refiling an Org task, but I already reported this a
few weeks ago to the Emacs maintainers and it seems I have a "stripped
binary" that does not deliver useful backtrace info. I don't use
flyspell and I'm on Archlinux.

Not very helpful, I know.

--
cheers,