Re: [O] [ox-latex] How to force ALL captions below their referents?

From: Eric S Fraga
Subject: Re: [O] [ox-latex] How to force ALL captions below their referents?
Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2014 08:59:39 +0100

On Thursday, 23 Oct 2014 at 23:08, Nicolas Goaziou wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Eric S Fraga <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> I don't actually understand you.
>
> `org-latex-table-caption-above' is now an alias for
> `org-latex-caption-above', so the default values ought to be the same.

Ah, I see.

> IIUC, the old behaviour wasn't consistent (some captions above, some
> below). This is the original motivation for this change.

The old behaviour was not consistent in the sense of captions for
different objects being placed differently but the behaviour was
"consistent" with what is recognised as best practice in typesetting:
captions below figures and captions above tables.  However, I agree with
the desire for complete control.

> I would be happy to make the transition smoother. However, I don't know
> how to achieve complete backward compatibility, considering the remark
> above.

Okay.  No worries!

thanks,
eric
--
: Eric S Fraga (0xFFFCF67D), Emacs 25.0.50.1, Org release_8.3beta-475-g25d50e