Re: [O] Several datetrees in one file

From: Alexander Baier
Subject: Re: [O] Several datetrees in one file
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2014 13:33:57 +0100

On 2014-10-29 04:01 Nick Dokos wrote:
> Alexander Baier <address@hidden> writes:
>> I would like to have several datetrees in one org file. I want to have
>> different datetrees under different headlines. The setup I have in mind
>> is an address book with chronologically ordered notes for each person.

>> Is this possible?
>>

> I don't think so (but I don't know for sure).

I dug around the source code for org-capture and org-datetree and seems
that there is only lacking support in the capture process. IIUC the
datetree functionality is affected by narrowing, which could be used to
force it to use the datetree under a certain header.

As I am not quite convinced of my approach jet, I would like to hear
what others would use in my situation described in the first post. To
rehash: An address book with one level 1 heading per person and notes
corresponding to said person in a datetree starting at level 2.

Regards,
--
Alexander Baier