Re: [O] Extremely slow org-table operations

From: Charles Millar
Subject: Re: [O] Extremely slow org-table operations
Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2014 15:19:49 -0400

Earlier today I attempted to send the following.
Charles Millar wrote:
Hi Michael,

Michael Brand wrote:
Hi Charles

First I would like to point out that to my understanding there are now
two separate issues in discussion in this thread which are easy to mix
up:

1) The same table calculates fast or slow depending on the position
    within the same entry, see OP.
I did not understand; I thought that the speed slowed down as the OP progressed from table to table in the file.
2) An entry with nothing but a single table, as you describe it:
True; I did not bother to mention other files in which I had multiple tables, some with references to other tables in the file. At times "M-x org-table-iterate-buffer-tables" seemed to take eternity, squared. (Imagine a smiley face placed here.)